Thai Shrimp Lettuce Cups
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
*Your Chef will lead you through all the techniques, so prepping ahead of class is optional
- ¼ pound Earthbound Farm Organic Green Beans, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled, deveined and minced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional; do not add if you are using sweet shrimp)
- 2 tablespoons rice powder
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 stalk lemongrass, tough outer leaves discarded, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1-2 Thai chilis (depending on your heat level), thinly sliced
- ½ cup mint leaves, roughly chopped, loosely packed
- 1 cup cilantro, roughly chopped, loosely packed
- 1 package Earthbound Farm Organic Sweet & Crisp Little Gems and/or 1 package Earthbound Farm Organic Sweet & Crips Butter lettuce
- Neutral oil, such as avocado or grapeseed, as needed
- In a wok or large saute pan over medium high heat add about 2 tablespoons of oil. Once the oil is shimmery and hot add the green beans and, stirring frequently, cook until they turn bright green, approximately 2 minutes.
- Add the red onion and saute until they begin to brown, approximately 2 minutes.
- Add the minced shrimp and cook, stirring frequently, until the shrimp is bright pink and cooked through, approximately 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and transfer to a bowl.
- In a small bowl combine lime juice, fish sauce, honey (if using), rice powder, garlic and lemongrass. Taste and adjust to your preference, adding more lime juice or fish sauce as needed.
- Pour the sauce over the shrimp mixture. Add the scallions, thai chilis, mint and cilantro and stir to combine.
- Arrange lettuce cups on a platter. Spoon shrimp mixture (larb goong) generously into each lettuce cup. Garnish with more mint and cilantro, if desired.