Summer Vegetable Fettuccine Alfredo & Rosé Spritz
This dish can be made with any of your favorite summer veggies! Enjoy!
Fettuccini Serves: 4Ingredients:
- 2 sticks butter
- 1/2 pound grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 cup of fresh corn kernels, from 1 ear corn
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 6 - 7 basil leaves
- Combine the butter and parmesan until creamy.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook fettuccine according to package instructions until al dente, about 12 minutes. Reserve about 1/2 cup of cooking water; drain pasta, set aside.
- For the vegetables, preheat a medium pan, add oil until shimmers. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add shallots and sauté until translucent but no color.
- Add the tomatoes and allow to cook down and blister about 5 minutes. Season with salt and add corn, stirring a few times until just warmed through, about 1 - 2 minutes.
- Return fettuccine to warm pot. Toss pasta with 1/2 teaspoon salt, cheese mixture, and 1/4 cup of the pasta water. Add more pasta water, as needed.
- Remove vegetables from heat and juice half (or more if you love lemon) over the vegetables.
- Toss vegetables with finished fettuccine alfredo, garnish with torn basil leaves, and lemon zest serve warm.
- Serve with additional cheese.
Cocktail Serves: 1Ingredients:
- 3 ounces pink prosecco
- 2 ounces seltzer
- 1 ounce bitter orange liqueur, such as Aperol
- 1/2 ounce grapefruit juice
- 1 grapefruit twist
- 1 sprig fresh mint
- Fill a white wine glass halfway with ice.
- Add the prosecco, seltzer, orange liqueur, and grapefruit juice and stir.
- Garnish with a grapefruit twist and a sprig of mint.