Servings: 4 - 6
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup dry white wine (or chicken or vegetable broth)
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 ¾ pounds large or extra-large shrimp, shelled
- Freshly squeezed juice of half a lemon
- ½ pound cooked spaghetti, fettuccine or linguine pasta or crusty bread
- ⅓ cup Italian flat leaf parsley, rough chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil (only if you are making pasta).
- Boil pasta according to package directions; reserve ½ cup of cooking water and strain the pasta.
- Toss with a scant amount of olive oil and set aside.
- Melt the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the butter has melted into the olive oil, add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the wine, salt, crushed red pepper and a lot of freshly cracked pepper. Bring to a simmer and reduce the sauce by ½.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the shrimp have turned pink and opaque.
- Add the parsley and lemon juice to the shrimp and stir to combine.
- Serve over the pasta or sop up the sauce with crusty bread!