Ribeye and Chimichurri Home Fries
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
*Your Chef will lead you through all the techniques, so prepping ahead of class is optional
Ingredients for Ribeye:
- 1 - 12 ounce Boneless Ribeye Steak, 1 ½ inches thick
- 1 tsp olive oil (not extra virgin)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
Ingredients for Chimichurri:
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, smashed and minced
- 2 tablespoons red onion, minced
- 2 cups firmly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup firmly packed fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar (more, as needed)
- ½ to ¾ cup olive oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
Ingredients for Home Fries:
- 1 pound (2 large) Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into ½ inch cubes
- ½ small red onion, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place the diced potatoes into a large bowl and cover with ice cold water. Allow to sit for 15 minutes.
- Remove your steak from the packaging, place on a plate and pat dry with paper towels. Allow it to come up to room temperature, about 25 - 30 minutes.
- For the Home Fries: Preheat the Smart Oven to 400°F Air Fry.
- Drain the potatoes and rinse with cold water to remove excess starch. Thoroughly pat dry then place into a bowl with the red onion and red bell pepper. Season with kosher salt and black pepper and toss to evenly coat. Transfer to the Air Fry basket and spread evenly. Air Fry for 15 – 20 minutes, shaking basket every 5 minutes or so, until evenly golden brown.
- For the chimichurri: combine the garlic, red onion, cilantro, oregano, red wine vinegar and olive oil in the bowl you used for your potatoes. Taste and season with kosher salt and red pepper flakes (if using).
- For the ribeye: Rub 1 tsp of olive oil on both sides of the steak and season generously with salt and black pepper.
- Heat a 10.25” skillet over medium heat. Once your pan is hot gently place the ribeye in it, starting with the end closest to you and laying it down away from you to avoid any spatters.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes and then flip. Cook for another 5-7 minutes for medium rare, 9-10 minutes for medium.
- Remove to your cutting board and cover with foil. Let it rest while you finish the home fries.
- Add the home fries to the chimichurri and toss to evenly coat.
- Slice your ribeye against the grain and plate alongside the chimichurri home fries.