Parmesan Chicken... The Lighter Version
Visit Relish to see the recipe, create your shopping list and easily order the ingredients
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
*Your Chef will lead you through all the techniques, so prepping ahead of class is optional
Ingredients for Chicken:
- 4 to 6 chicken breasts, boneless + skinless
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 2 eggs extra-large
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 ¼ cups bread crumbs, seasoned + dry
- ½ cup Parmesan, freshly grated + extra for serving
- butter, unsalted
- olive oil
- Salad greens for 6, washed + spun dry
Ingredients for Lemon Vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup lemon juice freshly squeezed, 2 lemons
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- Pound the chicken breasts until they are ¼-inch thick. You can use either a meat mallet or a rolling pin.
- Combine the flour, salt, and pepper on a dinner plate.
- On a second plate, beat the eggs with 1 tablespoon of water.
- On a third plate, combine the bread crumbs and ½ cup grated Parmesan.
- Coat the chicken breasts on both sides with the flour mixture, then dip both sides into the egg mixture and dredge both sides in the bread-crumb mixture, pressing lightly.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large saute pan and cook 2 or 3 chicken breasts on medium-low heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- Add more butter and oil and cook the rest of the chicken breasts.
- Toss the salad greens with lemon vinaigrette.
- Place a mound of salad on each hot chicken breast.
- Serve with extra grated Parmesan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.