- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 8 ounces flat rice noodles (linguini or fettuccini width)
- 5 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (use gluten-free if needed)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (1 lime)
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red chili flakes
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, light and dark green parts, chopped
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts, plus garnish
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- lime wedges, for serving
- vegetable oil
Get your wok or large sauté pan over high heat. Add vegetable oil. Once it's hot, add the peanuts and fry them up. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Prepare your noodles according to package directions.
To make the sauce, whisk together the fish sauce, soy sauce, lime juice, peanut butter, sugar and dried chili flakes in a medium bowl. Set aside.
Add the eggs to the hot wok and scramble. Season with salt. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
Add the garlic and ginger to the hot wok. Season with salt and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, a couple minutes.
Add in the sauce and the prepared noodles and toss.
Add the egg back to the wok. Add the green onions and give a final toss to combine.
Serve garnished with bean sprouts, cilantro, and lime wedges.