No Bake Apple Donuts
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Ingredients for Donuts:
- 3 Medium Apples, Cut into ½ Inch Slices
- 2 Cups Water
- Juice from 1 lemon
Ingredients for Frosting:
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter, Creamy and Natural (or Sunflower Seed Butter for Nut Free Option)
- 1 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder
Ingredients for Toppings (optional):
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- Chocolate Sprinkles
- Cacao Nibs
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Chopped Nuts or Seeds
- In a medium bowl combine water and lemon juice.
- Using an apple corer or paring knife, cut a small circle in the middle of each apple slice. Place slices into the bowl with the lemon water and allow to soak for 5 to 10 minutes while you make the frosting.
- To make the frosting: In a small bowl stir together the peanut butter and cocoa powder until completely combined.
- Remove the apple slices from the water and pat dry thoroughly.
- Use an offset spatula or butter knife to slather the peanut butter mixture over each apple ring. Top with toppings of your choice.