Mother's Day Cream Puffs with Raspberry Whipped Cream Filling & White Chocolate Drizzle with Pistachio, with our Buddies at Breville
Mother's Day is upon us! What better way to celebrate Mom than to get in the kitchen and make her some cream puffs. Not only are these cream puffs to die for, the decadent toppings take these puffs to another planet! We're whipping up these little beauties with our friends at Breville. Grab the kids and get in the kitchen to make something super sweet, for someone super sweet!
Makes: about 20 cream puffs
1 cup water
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped, toasted pistachios
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To a medium saucepan over medium heat, add in the water, butter, sugar, and salt. Stir everything together and allow the butter to fully melt and the sugar and salt to dissolve.
- Reduce the heat to low and add in the flour, stirring to combine everything.
- With the pan still on the heat, use a rubber spatula to stir the mixture until a dough forms. You will want to stir this mixture continuously for 3-5 minutes, until most of the steam seems to have dissipated and the dough leaves a slight film on the bottom of the pan.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the dough to a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat the mixture on medium speed for 5 minutes, until the steam has been released and the bottom of the stand mixer bowl is no longer hot to the touch.
- With the mixer on low, begin to add the beaten eggs 1/3 of the mixture at a time. Allow the egg to fully incorporate into the dough before adding the next third. The dough will have a curdled appearance and then begin to take form. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to make sure everything is well combined. The dough should be slightly stiff and have a glossy appearance.
- To a piping bag fitted with a 1/2 inch round tip, add all of the dough. Pipe mounds about 1½ inch wide and 1 inch part.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, being sure not to open the oven door.
- Meanwhile, make the raspberry cream filling by adding the raspberries and sugar to a bowl. Using the back of a fork, mash the raspberries until they have the appearance of a puree.
- To a clean stand mixer bowl, add in the heavy cream and using the whisk attachment, beat until stiff peaks have just formed.
- Fold the raspberry puree into the heavy cream and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- To make the white chocolate ganache, heat the white chocolate in the microwave in 15 second intervals until melted.
- After the cream puff shells have cooked for 30 minutes, open the oven door and, using a toothpick, carefully and quickly poke a small hole into the side of each one. Close the oven door and allow them to continue to cook for an additional 10 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool fully before assembling.
- To assemble, cut the tops off of each puff. Place a tablespoon of the raspberry whipped cream on the bottom piece and put the tops back on. Drizzle the white chocolate over the tops of all of the cream puffs and then sprinkle with the pistachios. Serve immediately.