Meyer Lemon & Honey Lamb Chops and Tomato Braised White Beans
Ingredients for Pork Chops:
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 lamb chops, about 3/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 meyer lemon, zested
Procedure for Pork Chops:
Chop the garlic, rosemary, and thyme.
In a small bowl, combine garlic, rosemary, thyme, cayenne, salt, and olive oil to form a paste.
Rub the paste on both sides of the lamb chops.
Heat a grill pan over high heat until almost smoking, add the chops and sear for about 2 minutes.
Brush tops with honey then flip.
Brush tops with honey and cook for another 3 minutes for medium-rare and 3½ minutes for medium.
Serve sprinkled with meyer lemon zest.
Ingredients for White Beans:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes (optional)
- 1½ pounds mixed greens, trimmed, roughly chopped (such as escarole, curly endive, mustard greens, spinach, kale, or broccoli rabe)
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 - 15 ounce cans no-salt-added cannellini or other white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 - 14.5 ounce can tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Procedure for White Beans:
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add garlic and pepper flakes and cook, stirring often, until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
Add greens and toss until wilted, about 5 minutes.
Add broth to skillet and deglaze, scraping up any browned bits.
Add beans and tomatoes, until hot throughout, 2 to 3 minutes.
Toss to combine and season with salt and pepper.