Servings: 4 - 6
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes (4 hours refrigerated)
*9x13 glass baking dish
Ingredients for Filling:
- 2 cups mascarpone cheese (16 ounce container)
- ¼ cup lemon curd
- ¼ cup limoncello (optional)
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
Ingredients for Soak:
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 lemons, zested and juiced
- ⅓ cup limoncello
- 2 sleeves of ladyfinger cookies (about 40 cookies total)
Ingredients for Drizzle:
- ¼ cup lemon curd
- 1 tablespoon limoncello (optional)
- Filling: In the bowl of a stand mixer (or a medium bowl with a handheld mixer), cream together the mascarpone, ¼ cup lemon curd, ¼ cup limoncello, and the juice and zest of one lemon. Transfer to another bowl (if using a stand mixer) and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or a medium bowl with a handheld mixer), whisk together the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar until mixture thickens into peaks.
- Use the largest silicone or rubber spatula, gently fold the whipped cream mixture into the mascarpone mixture. Set aside.
- Soak: To make the soak, bring the sugar and the juice and zest of three lemons to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and stir in ⅓ cup lemoncello
- Assembly: To assemble: one at a time take the ladyfingers and dip them in the soak mixture, allowing them to soak up the liquid until softened but not mushy. Repeat with half of the ladyfingers, laying them to fit in the bottom of the baking pan (cut to fit the pan if necessary).
- Gently scoop half of the mascarpone mixture on top of the ladyfingers and spread with an offset spatula over the ladyfingers. Repeat the layers with the remaining soaked ladyfingers, ending with the other half of the mascarpone filling.
- To make the drizzle, thin out ¼ cup of lemon curd with either a tablespoon of limoncello or the remaining soak. Whisk and then carefully drizzle over top of the tiramisu.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to a day before serving.