Honey Glazed Lamb Chops with Chickpeas and Feta
Serves: 2 - 4
Ingredients for Lamb Chops:
- 8 lamb rib chops (about 2 pounds total)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (about 3 medium cloves)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots (about 1/2 small)
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
Procedure for Lamb Chops:
1. Place the lamb chops in a shallow dish, then season the lamb chops on all sides with salt and pepper. Combine the 1/4 cup olive oil, garlic, and rosemary in a small bowl, then pour over the lamb chops. Marinate the lamb chops in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, turning the chops over once midway through.
2. Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat until shimmering. Working in batches, cook the lamb chops in the pan until brown and crusty, 2 - 3 minutes per side for medium rare. Transfer the lamb chops to a large platter and let rest at room temperature.
3. While lamb rests, add the shallots to the pan and cook, stirring constantly, until the shallots begin to wilt and soften, 2 - 3 minutes. Pour the apple cider into the pan, stirring to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Stir in the vinegar and the honey, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes until the sauce is slightly thickened. Spoon the glaze over the lamb chops and serve immediately.
Ingredients for Chickpeas:
- 15 ounces chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
Procedure for Chickpeas:
1. Drain and rinse the chickpeas, then pat dry with a towel.
2. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and swirl around the bottom of the pan to coat it.
3. Add the chickpeas to pan and cook for approximately 17 - 20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy all over, stirring occasionally.
4. Transfer chickpeas to a bowl and toss together with the spices.
5. Serve immediately with lamb chops and crumbled feta cheese.