Healthy Peach Crisp
Servings: 6-8 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for Filling:
- 2 ¼ Pounds Ripe Peaches, peeled and thinly sliced or frozen peaches - thawed (about 5 to 6 peaches)
- ⅓ Cup Honey
- 2 TBSP Corn Starch
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp Fine Sea Salt
Ingredients for Crisp Topping:
- 1 Cup Old-Fashioned Oats
- ½ Cup Almond Meal or Almond Flour, lightly packed
- ⅓ Cup Sliced Almonds
- ⅓ Cup Packed Coconut Sugar or Brown Sugar
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 4 TBSP Butter, melted
- 3 - 4 TBSP Plain Yogurt (regular or Greek)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl mix the sliced peaches with the honey, cornstarch, vanilla and salt until equally distributed.
- Pour the mixed peach filling into a 9 by 9 inch baking dish.
- For the crisp topping: in a medium sized mixing bowl combine the oats, almond flour, sliced almonds, coconut sugar (or brown sugar if using), cinnamon and salt. Once everything is evenly distributed, mix in the melted butter and yogurt until the mixture comes together into something resembling wet sand or a shaggy dough. (Don’t be afraid to add a bit more yogurt if needed to reach this texture.)
- Using your hands, break and sprinkle the crisp mixture evenly over the top of the peaches. It’s okay if you have some larger pieces and some small pieces of the crisp and also if a bit of fruit can still be seen in places.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and with a crisp texture, with the juices from the peaches beginning to bubble around the edges of the baking dish.
- Let the crisp rest on a cooling rack for 5-10 minutes before serving. If you’d like, serve with a spoonful of ice cream or a bit more yogurt and a drizzle of honey!