Garlic Tomato Basil Chicken
- 4 - 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (or 4 chicken breasts)
- salt and pepper, to season
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1½ tablespoons minced garlic or 6 large cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- Pat the chicken thighs dry with paper towels. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Place a dry pan over medium-high heat.
- Add thighs to the pan, skin side down for a good sear, flip and cook a little longer (about 5-6 minutes per side, depending on the thickness. Once cooked, transfer to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Add olive oil to the pan. Add in chopped zucchini and yellow squash, and sauté until browned.
- Add the add tomatoes and garlic to the pan.
- Add the chicken back into the pan and spoon the pan juices and tomato garlic mixture all over the chicken.
- Perfect to serve with a salad, garlic bread, rice or pasta!
- Serve with balsamic glaze for extra flavor! (Use store bought, or bring 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar to a simmer over low heat until thickened.)
- Top with torn basil.