Copy of The Ultimate Steak Dinner - It’s What Dads “Little Soldiers” Tapenade & Blistered Cherry Tomatoes with Mozzarella and Lemon Basil Spritz
Happy Dad's Day! We're teaming up with our buddies at SCANPAN to bring you this epic event! We're makin' Ribeye Steak with Roasted Chimichurri and Sweet Potatoes in honor of all the awesome Dads out there. SCANPAN will be joining us to answer any and all of your pan questions. This is going to be the only class you ever need on how to cook the perfect steak. Spoiler alert - you don't even need cast iron pan, all you need is a SCANPAN. AND . . . we have some great Dad's Day giveaways from SCANPAN coming your way, deets during the event! So grab a SCANPAN and a Dad and get cookin'!
Ingredients for Steak and Potatoes:
- 1 - 12 ounce Boneless Ribeye Steak, 1.5” thick
- 3 teaspoons olive oil (not extra virgin), divided: 1 teaspoon for the steak, 2 teaspoon for the sweet potatoes
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and black pepper, to taste
Ingredients for the Chimichurri:
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, smashed and minced
- 2 tablespoons red onion, minced
- 2 cups firmly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup firmly packed fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar (more, as needed)
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
Procedure for Steak and Potatoes:
- Preheat your oven to 425° F. Wash your sweet potatoes, pat them dry and then using a fork or paring knife poke your potatoes all over. Place them on a sheet tray and rub 2 teaspoon of olive oil on them. Season with salt and pepper and roast until soft to the touch, approximately 25 - 30 minutes. Once the potatoes are cool enough to touch, slice them into 1/2” rounds. *If you have medium to large sweet potatoes, roast ahead of time for 45 - 60 minutes.
- Remove your steak from the packaging, place on a plate and pat dry with paper towels. Allow it to come up to room temperature, about 25 - 30 minutes. Rub 1 teaspoon of olive oil on both sides of the steak and season generously with salt and black pepper.
- Heat a 10.25” skillet over medium heat. Once your pan is hot, gently place the ribeye in it, starting with the end closest to you and laying it down away from you to avoid any spatters. Cook for 5 - 7 minutes and then flip. Cook for another 5 - 7 minutes for medium rare, 9 - 10 minutes for medium. Remove to your cutting board and cover with foil. Let it rest while you prepare your sweet potatoes.
- In the same skillet you cooked your steak in, add your sweet potato rounds and 2 teaspoon of the chimichurri liquid (try to avoid any of the herbs going into the pan as they will burn). Sear until golden brown on both sides. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Slice your ribeye against the grain and plate alongside your sweet potato rounds. Top with chimichurri.
Procedure for Chimichurri:
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and stir together.
- Taste and adjust with more vinegar, oil, salt, and chili flakes as needed.
- It should be punchy and aromatic.