Chicken Marsala with Wild Mushrooms
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thin
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 ½ cups assorted mushrooms, sliced (cremini, shitake, maitake, lions main, oyster, king oyster, beech mushrooms, or a gourmet pack)
- 1/2 cup marsala wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
In a large skillet over medium heat add 1 tablespoon butter to the pan. Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook until lightly brown and cooked throughout.
Remove chicken and set aside on plate.
Add 1 tablespoon butter and sauté the mushrooms for 1-2 minutes.
Add marsala wine and bring to a boil over medium high heat for 1-2 minutes. This allows the alcohol to burn out.
Add the chicken broth, heavy whipping cream, ground mustard, and garlic powder. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for about 10 minutes or until it starts to thicken.
Place chicken back in the sauce and continue to simmer for about 1-2 minutes.
Serve garnished with chopped parsley.