Chicken Caesar Pizza
Serves: 2 - 3
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Ingredients for Pizza Dough:
- ¾ cup lukewarm water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 packet of fast-acting active dry yeast (2¼ teaspoons)
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for coating the bowl
Ingredients for Pizza:
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 2 ounce grated parmigiano reggiano
- 2 Earthbound Farm Organic Sweet & Crisp Romaine hearts, cut into thin ribbons
- 1 pizza dough recipe, below
- block parmigiano reggiano, to garnish
- extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Procedure for Pizza Dough:
- In a small bowl, stir together the warm water and sugar until the sugar has dissolved.
- Stir in the yeast and allow it to sit for 3 minutes, until it starts to get a foamy appearance.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour and salt and make a well in the center.
- Pour the yeast mixture into the center of the well along with the tablespoon of olive oil. Using a wooden spoon stir everything together until a rough dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until a smooth ball has formed.
- Place the dough back in the large bowl with a light drizzle of olive oil and cover with a damp towel. Set aside to rise for 15 - 20 minutes.
Procedure for Pizza:
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Slice the chicken breast evenly through the side to create two equal pieces. Season the tops of the pieces with salt and pepper and drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Place the chicken breasts, seasoned side down, on the heated grill pan and cook for 5 - 6 minutes. Season the other side with salt and pepper before flipping and cooking for an additional 5 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove to a plate to rest.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the dressing. To a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, anchovy paste, lemon zest, and juice, and 2 ounces of grated parmigiano. Drizzle in olive oil, about 2 - 3 tablespoons, until desired consistency is reached and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Take the rested pizza dough and divide into 2 portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to the size of the grill pan, about an 8 inch diameter.
- Drizzle a bit of olive oil over the top of the dough and brush evenly over the surface. Place the dough, oil-side down, onto the heated grill. Brush the other side evenly with olive oil.
- After the dough has cooked for 2 - 3 minutes and is puffed and cooked through, using tongs, flip the dough over to cook on the other side for an additional 2 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Remove to a cutting board while you cook the remaining dough using the same method.
- Prepare all of the toppings for the pizzas by first slicing the chicken into strips. Add some of the dressing to a large bowl along with the chopped romaine hearts. Toss everything together until evenly coated and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Spread an even layer of caesar dressing over the tops of the cooked pizza doughs.
- Top with the dressed romaine and sliced chicken breasts. Finish by shaving ribbons of parmigiano over the tops of the pizzas.