Cheese Soufflé and Summer Salad with Green Goddess Dressing
- 3 tablespoons Cabot Unsalted Butter, plus extra for greasing the dish
- ¼ Cup Finely Grated Parmesan Cheese (plus extra for sprinkling)
- 3 TBSP All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Milk (scalded)
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- ¼ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 4 Extra-Large Egg Yolks (at room-temperature)
- ½ Cup Grated Aged Cabot Cheddar Cheese (lightly packed)
- 5 Extra-Large Egg Whites (at room temperature)
- 1/8 tsp Cream of Tartar
For Salad & Dressing:
- 1 Cup Whole Milk Plain Greek Yogurt
- ½ Cup Cilantro
- ¼ Cup Parsley
- ¼ Cup Dill
- ¼ Cup Mint
- ¼ Cup Chives (sliced ½″ segments)
- 2 TBSP Fresh Tarragon Leaves
- 2 TBSP Lemon Juice
- 1 TBSP Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Clove of Garlic (roughly chopped)
- ½ tsp Fine Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- ½ English Hothouse Cucumber (chopped)(about 1 cup)
- 1 Avocado (chopped)
- 2 Scallions (chopped)
- 3 Radishes (trimmed, chopped)
- 1 Cup Sugar Snap Peas (thinly sliced)
- ¾ Cup Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Butter the inside of a 6oz. or 8oz. ramekin & sprinkle evenly with Parmesan.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. With a small whisk, whisk in the flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Off the heat, whisk in the hot milk, the nutmeg, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook over low heat, whisking constantly, for 1 minute, until smooth and thick.
- Off the heat, while still hot, whisk in the egg yolks, one at a time. Stir in the Cheddar, ¼ cup of Parmesan and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Put the egg whites, cream of tartar, and a pinch of salt in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat on low speed for 1 minute, on medium speed for 1 minute, then finally on high speed until they form firm, glossy peaks.
- Whisk one quarter of the egg whites into the cheese sauce to lighten and then fold in the rest. Pour into the souffle dish, then smooth the top. Draw a large circle on top with the spatula to help the souffle rise evenly, and place in the middle of the oven. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until puffed and brown. Serve immediately.
For Salad & Dressing:
- Combine yogurt, cilantro, parsley, dill mint, chives, tarragon, lemon juice olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth and green, with tiny flecks of herbs. Cover and refrigerate for later.
- Toss cucumber, avocado, scallions, radishes, peas, and tomatoes in a large bowl to combine, season with salt and pepper. Divide evenly among plates and drizzle with dressing. Top with extra chives and mint.