Caramelized Sweet Potatoes with Whipped Tahini
Servings: 4 - 6
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
*Your Chef will lead you through all the techniques, so prepping ahead of class is optional
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (3 to 5 total)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 ½ tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ cup tahini
- 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons water
- pinch of red chili flake, optional
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scrub and pat dry 3-5 sweet potatoes. Slice in half lengthwise and slice each into 3 or 4 wedges, about 1 to 1 ½ inches thick.
- Rub the potatoes with oil and a heavy sprinkle of salt. Lay into a single layer on the lined baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes. Brush with maple syrup and repeat every 10 minutes until the wedges are golden, sticky and fork tender.
- To make the whipped tahini: place the tahini, juice and zest of one lemon and the water, along with a large pinch of salt, to a food processor. Pulse a few times then blend for a minute or two until the color lightens and the tahini becomes fluffy.
- Plate the caramelized sweet potatoes on a plate and dress generously with the whipped tahini. Sprinkle it with chili flake.