Brazilian Chicken Croquettes & Caipirinha
Visit Yummly to see the recipe, create your shopping list and easily order the ingredients
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
*Your Chef will lead you through all the techniques, so prepping ahead of class is optional
Ingredients for Croquettes Filling:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Salt to taste
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Ingredients for Croquettes Dough:
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cups whole milk
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- Oil for frying
Ingredients for Caipirinha:
- 1 lime quartered
- 1-2 teaspoons of cane sugar (recommended the higher amount)
- 1 ½ ounces Ypioca Crystal Cachaça
- In a medium pot, heat olive oil, then sauté garlic and onions until soft and brown. Add shredded chicken, salt, and paprika. Stir to incorporate.
- Transfer mixture into a bowl, add cream cheese and parsley. Mix well.
- In the same pot, add butter, chicken broth, and milk. Bring to a boil. Stir in flour until dough is formed.
- Transfer dough to a flat surface. Knead the dough while it is warm, but not hot.
- Pinch a piece of dough, about the size of a large egg, and roll into a ball. Using your hands, flatten the dough and spoon filling into the center. Wrap the dough into a pear shape and make sure there aren’t any holes.
- While heating a pot of oil to 350˚F/180˚C, dredge the dough in egg and panko, then deep-fry till golden brown and cooked through. Drain on a towel and serve immediately.
- To make Caipirinha: Place the lime pieces in the bottom of a small glass. Add the cane sugar and muddle it into the lime, releasing juices and melting the sugar. Add the Ypioca and fill the glass with crushed ice. Stir well before serving. Enjoy!