Beef Stoganoff & Roast Carrots with Honey Butter
Add this meal plan in Relish+ so you can easily order the ingredients for the class.
Make sure to adjust the number of servings on each recipe to your desired amount.
Servings: 4 - 6
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
*Your Chef will lead you through all the techniques, so prepping ahead of class is optional
Ingredients for Beef Stoganoff:
- 12 oz egg noodles, cooked
- 1 pound top sirloin, cut into thin strips
- Salt and pepper, to season steak
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¾ pounds mushrooms, sliced thick
- ⅓ cup onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup sour cream
Ingredients for Roast Carrots with Honey Butter:
- 1 ½ pounds carrots
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Freshly ground black pepper
- For Beef Stroganoff: Cook the pasta per package directions, drain and keep warm
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium/high heat.
- Once oil is heated add the strips of steak seasoned with salt and pepper. Cook for less than a minute on each side just to get a quick sear. (do this in batches to not crowd the skillet).
- Remove meat to a platter and keep it warm (cover with foil).
- Reduce the heat in the skillet to medium.
- Add the butter to the skillet and saute the onions, mushrooms and garlic until tender.
- Sprinkle the flour over the pan and cook for one minute stirring constantly.
- Gradually add the beef broth.
- Stir in the mustard, Worcestershire sauce and sour cream until blended. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 5-7 minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Return the beef to the skillet along with all the juices on the plate and simmer for one minute. Remove from heat and serve over egg noodles.
- For Roast Carrots with Honey Butter: Preheat the oven to 425°F. Cut the carrots in half width-wise (as in, through the middle—I didn’t do this for my short heirloom carrots, but you probably should for long standard carrots). Then cut them vertically into halves or even quarters to form long, uniform pieces.
- On a large, rimmed baking sheet, toss the carrots with the olive oil and salt. Spread them into a single layer and roast, stirring halfway, until browned and tender, about 33 to 40 minutes, depending on their size. Some of mine got a little too done at their scraggly tips, but I just pinched off those pieces before serving.
- When the carrots are nearly done, make the honey butter. In your smallest saucepan or small skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and cook, swirling the pan occasionally, until just faintly golden, about 2 minutes. Remove the pan from heat and stir in the honey.
- Transfer the roasted carrots to a serving bowl or platter while still hot and pour the honey butter over them. Toss to coat, season with a sprinkle of pepper, and serve immediately.