Basil and Pumpkin Seed Pesto Baked Chicken with Sweet Tomato and Zucchini Fettuccini
Ingredients for Pesto:
- 1/2 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup basil
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
Procedure for Pesto:
- Add the pumpkin seeds, garlic, basil, spinach, and lemon juice to your food processor.
- Start blending and slowly add in the olive oil. Make sure to scrape down the sides and process until a smooth sauce. Add salt to taste. It will need a good pinch of salt since there's no cheese in this recipe.
Ingredients for Chicken & Fettuccini:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 pint of cherry or grape tomatoes
- olive oil
- 2 zucchini
- 1/2 lemon
Procedure for Chicken & Fettuccini:
- Preheat your oven to 350⁰F.
- Butterfly each breast. Pat dry, and season with salt and pepper.
- Top with pesto and scatter tomatoes. Drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes.
- While chicken bakes take a vegetable peeler and peel ribbons from the zucchini. Dress with lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- To serve, top zucchini "fettuccini" with with chicken and roasted tomatoes.