Baked Feta Chicken Thighs
Servings: 2 - 4
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
*Your Chef will lead you through all the techniques, so prepping ahead of class is optional
- 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 ounces cherry or grape tomatoes
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- cooked pasta, optional
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Pat dry the chicken thighs and rub with Italian seasoning, a couple pinches of salt and freshly ground pepper. In a dry oven safe large skillet sear the seasoned chicken thighs skin side down over medium high heat for about 5 to 7 minutes or until brown and crisp. Flip the chicken thighs and turn off the heat.
- Scatter the tomatoes in the skillet over the chicken, break the feta into a few large chunks, smash the garlic, and add to the skillet with the chicken and tomatoes. Drizzle over the olive oil and place the skillet in the preheated oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the feta is melted.
- Add the cream and stir the feta and tomatoes; spoon over the chicken. Taste and adjust seasoning. Serve with torn basil and pasta, if desired.