Almond Parmesan Chicken with Broccolini
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 6 cups vegetable stock (kept warm in a sauce pot)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts*
- 1 cup almonds
- ½ cup freshly shredded parmesan
- ½ cup prepared mayonnaise
- 1 lemon juice and zest, divided
- 2 bunches of broccolini
* for a Vegetarian version: two blocks of firm tofu or 1 large eggplant
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Halve and pound each chicken breast between two pieces of plastic wrap and set aside.
- To set up the dredging station, chop almonds until they become a coarse meal, add freshly grated parmesan and a large pinch of salt and several turns of ground pepper. Mix to combine and place in a plate or pie dish. In a separate shallow dish or pie dish whisk the prepared mayonnaise with half the lemon juice and all the zest and set aside.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Dip each piece of chicken into the mayonnaise lemon mixture and then press gently into the almond parmesan mixture. Lay each piece of dredged chicken on the parchment lined sheet pan. Drizzle with avocado, melted coconut or olive oil and bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Trim the stems of the broccolini and split the thicker stems in half lengthwise. Set up a steamer or pot of boiling water and steam or dunk the broccolini for 2 minutes. Dress with the juice of the remaining half lemon, a pinch of salt and a drizzle of olive oil.