Virtual Clubs and Communities . . . here to stay?
Are online communities, like our Homemade virtual cooking clubs, a thing of the past or paving the way to the future? We think the latter.
Sure, the increase in popularity of online communities and virtual clubs was largely due to a global pandemic, but we think they’re here to stay. Online clubs offer some conveniences that came to light over the past year and half.
Online communities and virtual clubs allow you to connect with people all over the world, not just in your neighborhood. In our Homemade cooking clubs and virtual events, we’ve had members from Canada, UK, Australia...even Singapore (to name just a few)! For cooking especially, it’s also nice to be in your own kitchen, with your familiar equipment, your own tools. And maybe some more creature comforts you wouldn’t enjoy in a brick and mortar environment (like cooking in your PJs and having your dog at your feet to snarf up and happy accidents that may hit the floor).
But maybe virtual cooking clubs aren’t your thing - you won’t hurt our feelings. Here are a few other awesome online clubs and courses (some live, some not) that deserve a shout out . . . we even sprinkled in some other folks doing cooking clubs and events, spreading the love:
- The Pasta Queen Online Pasta Experience - authentic Italian for the pasta enthusiast!
- Reese’s Book Club - hosted by none other than Reese Witherspoon herself!
- Light Stalking - huge online forum with epic resources for photography enthusiasts!
- The Geffen Stayhouse: Bollywood Kitchen - awesome Indian cuisine!
- Alomoves - live yoga classes for mind, body, and spirit!
- The Chef & The Dish - cook with chefs from all over the world!
- Cakeflix - baking tutorials for all skill levels!
- Silent Book Club - a book club for introverts!
- New Masters Academy - subscription based, top artists help you reach your artistic goals!
- 18 Reasons Why - cook and support this non-profit at the same time!
Virtual cooking clubs and events (any clubs and events really) can be a fantastic way to connect with people who share your passions, bring families together who may live far apart, or even a way to gift someone a truly unique experience. And, we don’t think that’s going away any time soon. So, think about your plans in the upcoming weeks - those Dad’s Days, birthdays, and other holidays coming up. There are some great upcoming virtual opportunities and reasons to celebrate with the ones you love!
As for our Homemade calendar, here are the virtual cooking clubs and events on our horizon:
- Chef Lindsay’s Back to Basics June Cooking Club (book soon! We kick off on June 15!)
- Chef Renee’s Korean June Cooking Club (book soon! We kick off on June 16!)
- Fried Cornbread Crouton Panzanella with Tomatoes and Summer Squash on 6/14
- Grilled Chicken Caesar Pizza, with our buddies at Earthbound Farm on 6/16
- Pain Patate - Haitian Sweet Potato Bread Pudding with our buddies at Dawn 6/17
- The Ultimate Steak Dinner-It’s What Dad’s Do, with our buddies at SCANPAN on 6/18
We can’t wait to cook with you!