The Best Gifts Are Homemade
The most memorable gifts aren’t usually purchased from a store or ordered online. Chances are, the most memorable gifts you’ve either given or received are the ones that came from the home. After all, home(made) is where the heart is! Whether it be something crafted, something cooked, or simply time together doing something special, these gifts have heart. We’ve put together a quick list of our top five gifts to enjoy at home:
- Spice Mix
- Candles or soaps
- Chocolate bark (check out our recipe below!)
- Homemade Event to cook together virtually (packages starting at $250)
Craft it, cook it, or cook together! Making a gift and making memories at home shape our holidays and build traditions. This holiday season, stop and think about what you can make at home to make someone’s holiday the most memorable.
Homemade Chocolate Bark
12 ounces quality chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
Bark Decoration Options:
Colored sugar shaker
1. Melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second increments, stirring after each one. It's done when it’s about 90% melted—keep stirring off the heat and the pieces should completely dissolve.
2. Cover a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Use a rubber spatula to spread chocolate evenly over the center area of the baking sheet, about 1/4 inch thick.
4. Decorate your bark!
5. Evenly cover the chocolate with your bling of choice. Lightly use your palms to press the bling into the chocolate.
6. Place the pan on a flat surface in the refrigerator to harden for about 15 minutes.
7. Once the chocolate is completely hardened, use your hands to break it into pieces.