The Best Gifts Are Homemade
Homemade Christmas Gifts & More!
The most memorable gifts aren’t usually purchased from a store or ordered online. Chances are, the most memorable gifts you’ve either given or received are the ones that came from the home. After all, home(made) is where the heart is! Whether it’s something crafted, something cooked, or simply time together doing something special, these homemade Christmas gift ideas from Homemade have heart.
We’ve put together a quick list of our top five gifts to enjoy at home. Check out what our chefs have to say about giving when it comes to the holidays this year!
Crafting & Baking Gift Ideas
Craft it, cook it, or cook together! Making a gift and making memories at home shape our holidays and build traditions. This holiday season, stop and think about what you can make at home to ensure someone’s holiday is that much more memorable. Our favorite homemade Christmas gift ideas include:
- Spice Mix
- Candles or Soaps
- Chocolate Bark
- Homemade Event (Packages Starting at $250)
Homemade Chocolate Bark
If you think that chocolate bark is the perfect baking gift idea for your loved ones, we have the recipe for you here! Follow along and create an utterly delicious bark that will have your friends and family begging for more!
- 12 ounces quality chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- toppings of your choice
Bark Decoration Options:
- pretzel pieces
- colored sugar shaker
- pumpkin seeds
- dried fruit
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second increments, stirring after each session. Stop microwaving when the chocolate is about 90% melted — keep stirring off the heat and the pieces should completely dissolve.
- Cover a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a rubber spatula to spread the chocolate evenly over the center area of the baking sheet, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Decorate your bark! Evenly cover the chocolate with your bling of choice. Lightly use your palms to press the toppings into the chocolate.
- Place the pan on a flat surface in the refrigerator to harden for about 15 minutes.
- Once the chocolate is completely hardened, use your hands to break it into pieces.
This homemade Christmas gift is totally yum!