Samara's Pecan Bar Recipe
"Mostly, they bring back childhood memories. They are super sticky, buttery, and delicious! I loved helping my Mom make large trays of these every year around the holidays. We'd wrap them in pretty bundles and walk around the neighborhood distributing them. We'd also bring them as gifts to holiday parties!"
- Samara, Head of Sales & Partnerships at Homemade
This pecan bar recipe is made in two parts: first, make the crust and then make the topping.
Makes: 36 squares
Ingredients For the Crust:
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter, softened
Ingredients for the Topping:
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3½ cups pecans, shelled and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Farenheight.
- Grease a 9x12 baking pan.
- Sift sugar and flour together.
- Cut in butter, using two knives or a pastry cutter, until fine crumbs form.
- Pat the crust into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from the oven.
- Mix the melted butter, honey, heavy cream, and brown sugar.
- Stir in the pecans, coating them thoroughly.
- Spread the mixture over the crust.
- Return to the oven and bake for 25 more minutes.
- Cool completely.
Now that you know how to make pecan bars, you can bring them to every event!