Samara's Pecan Bar Recipe
"Mostly, they bring back childhood memories. They are super sticky, buttery, and delicious! I loved helping my Mom make large trays of these every year around the holidays. We'd wrap them in pretty bundles and walk around the neighborhood distributing them. We'd also bring them as gifts to holiday parties!"
- Samara, Head of Sales & Partnerships at Homemade
For the Crust:
2/3 cup Confectioners' sugar
2 cups AP Flour
1/2 pound (2 sticks) Butter, softened
For the Topping:
2/3 cup Butter, melted
1/2 cup Honey
3 tablespoons Heavy cream
1/2 cup Brown sugar
3 1/2 cups Pecans, shelled and chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease a 9x12 baking pan.
3. Sift sugar and flour together.
4. Cut in butter, using two knives or a pastry cutter, until fine crumbs form.
5. Pat crust into the prepared pan.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from oven.
7. Mix melted butter, honey, heavy cream and brown sugar.
8. Stir in pecans, coating them thoroughly.
9. Spread over crust.
10. Return to oven and bake 25 more minutes.
11. Cool completely.
Makes: 36 squares