Ditch the Easter roast - grab some lamb instead!
Easter is sneaking up on us! Seriously, it’s right around the corner on April 4th. Doesn’t it seem so early this year?! So, what are you making? Please don’t say a roast, your family is tired of it, we promise. And ham... just don’t. Maybe you thought you could get away with it. Maybe you’re hosting virtually, and you can fool them all. Well, you deserve better! Get creative, and put yourself out there! Have you considered lamb? Lamb is so versatile, and you can trick it up in so many great ways.
Here’s a short list of some killer lamb dishes for ya:
- Ground Mustard and Herb Crusted Roasted Rack of Lamb
- Grilled Lamb with Harissa Barbeque Sauce
- Roast Lamb with Mint, Feta, and Balsamic Onions
- Red Wine Braised Lamb with Root Vegetables
- Seared Lamb Chops with Rosemary and Grapes
Ok, you want us to spoon feed you, eh? Alright then, here’s a recipe straight from Chef Joel - we won’t even make you Google around for one. This Easter, give his recipe a try and pretend you’re cooking virtually with Chef Joel. (Fun time pretending? Join his next class for REAL!)
2 large garlic cloves, crushed
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
1 pinch cayenne pepper
2 pinches salt
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
6 lamb chops, about 3/4 inch thick
1/4 cup honey
1 meyer lemon, zested
- Chop the garlic, rosemary, and thyme.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, rosemary, thyme, cayenne, salt, and olive oil to form a paste.
- Rub the paste on both sides of the lamb chops.
- Heat a grill pan over high heat until almost smoking, add the chops and sear for about 2 minutes.
- Brush tops with honey then flip.
- Brush tops with honey and cook for another 3 minutes for medium-rare and 3½ minutes for medium.
- Serve sprinkled with meyer lemon zest.
Man that all sounds amazing! And perhaps you need a little something sweet to top it all off? You’re just in luck, Chef Joel is hosting a FREE virtual baking party with our buddies at Breville. They’re making Carrot Cupcakes with Ginger Cream Cheese Frosting on March 30 @ 3pm PT / 6pm ET. Head on over to withHomemade.com to sign up! We can’t wait to cook with you, and wish you a Happy Easter!